- Facility Access Eligibility
- Facility Use
- Facility Reservations
- Aquatic Use
- Facility Youth Use
- Private Services
- Refunds & Cancellations
The Department of Intramural-Recreational Sports is an essential part of the University of Virginia’s quality of life outside the classroom. Our primary emphasis is to support the total development and well-being of members of the University community through educational, intramural, fitness, recreational and social programming in high quality, comprehensive, sports, fitness and physical activity based facilities. We serve the University community with a wide range of quality opportunities to foster personal, educational, ethical, social and physical development through engaging University students in leadership and participatory opportunities.
This center purpose is served by activities designed to:
- Remain current with professional trends and responsive in serving a diversity of needs among the entire University community.
- Create an atmosphere conducive to fellowship and meaningful interactions among students, faculty and staff in this unique area overlapping educational and physical activity.
- Provide the highest quality programs, facilities, equipment and personnel to maximize the effect and safety of the recreational experience and to aid in the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
- Offer programs and services which value civil and ethical behavior, discourse and cooperation among participants and staff at all times.
- Educate participants in the worthy use of leisure time through development of lifetime fitness/sports skills & self-awareness in a recreational context.
- Offer students significant opportunities for professional development, including the acquisition of leadership, management and technical skills.
- Provide innovative leadership in the promotion of the wellness concept.
- Cooperate, share expertise and provide leadership in service to the local community, the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Nation.
Our Core Values are Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Selfless Service