North Grounds Rec Center
North Grounds Recreation Center, located near the University's law and business schools, expanded in 2015 to provide everything you need to reach your fitness goals. North Grounds Recreation Center now offers a 25-meter pool and international squash courts, in addition to the cardiovascular training equipment, free weights and training machines, basketball/volleyball courts, handball/racquetball courts and multipurpose/aerobics rooms.
Address: 510 Massie Rd Charlottesville, VA
Phone: (434) 924-7380
- Cardiovascular training equipment, free weights and strength training machines
- 2-court gymnasium
- 2 multipurpose group exercise rooms
- Multimedia Cycle room
- 3 handball/racquetball courts
- 2 international singles squash courts
- 25-meter x 25-yard 10-lane pool
- Hot tub and sauna
- Wet classroom for aquatic instruction
- Day locker
- Semester locker rentals
- See the NGRC's accessibility features
It is our intention to make as many healthy activities available without compromising the safety of students or staff. The continued success is a shared responsibility among all of us to be informed and work together for the safety of our community.
- Masks are now optional in all IM-Rec rec centers.
- Open rec basketball, family rec hours and the saunas are open again.
- Hand sanitizers and fitness wipes are available throughout the centers to keep self and equipment sanitized.
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
There are designated parking lots with metered spaces adjacent to North Grounds Recreation Center (Zone 5501) and along Duffy Boulevard. Additional parking is available in the Darden Garage (Zone 5516) after 3:30 PM Monday–Friday.
Between 7:30am and 5pm Monday-Friday, you must use ParkMobile to pay for your parking. You can, download the ParkMobile app, text "PARK" to 77223*, or call 877-727-5758.