- All participants shall adhere to published University and Intramural-Recreational Sports policies, regulations, and guidelines in addition to local, State and Federal laws.
- Intramural-Recreational Sports reservations are prioritized in the following order: Academics, Athletics, Intramural-Recreational Sports, Club Sports, University Students & Faculty/Staff Members, and CIO’s.
- Facility and field space are reserved in the order in which requests are received with consideration given to the size of the group, type of program, and space availability. All reservation requests can be submitted online for review and consideration. Intramural-Recreational Sports reserves the right to assign and if necessary, reassign facilities to assure the maximum and most appropriate utilization of facility and field space.
- Facility Reservations for Racquet Courts (Racquetball, Squash, Tennis) can be reserved through the “Express Scheduling Event” process. All other reservation requests must be submitted at least 3-days in advance to permit time for review and confirmation.
- Facility hours are developed and published by Intramural-Recreational Sports. Facility hours can change during the year due to holidays, academic breaks, etc. Reservations may be requested for any time during the specific facility's hours. It is possible to request the facility to open beyond normal operating hours. Additional fees will be assessed to cover staffing and operating costs if extended hours are approved.
- Users/Groups with delinquent accounts with Intramural-Recreational will not be able to make reservations until full payment is made. Reservations may be cancelled or removed from existing reservations due to delinquent accounts.
- Only participants associated with the sponsoring group are allowed to access the reserved space. All participants must be prepared to present a valid UVA Student ID or Intramural-Recreational Sports Membership for facility access unless otherwise granted by Facility Use Agreement. All others must be sponsored by a current member and purchase a daily Guest Pass.
- No user/group may release or transfer reserved space to another individual or group. Reservations for space are group or event specific and may be changed only by Intramural-Recreational Sports.
- Additional rental fees may be assessed for any reservation that requires or accepts admission fees, registration fees, or access of non-University students/members in conjunction with an event that uses an Intramural-Recreational Sports space.
- Intramural-Recreational Sports reserves the right to require security, housekeepers, and staff support coverage and other personnel for events. Need shall be determined based on the time, locations, attendance, and type of event. The sponsor of the event will be responsible for paying all additional personnel charges.
- The User agrees to pay associated fees to use the specific space(s); all fees must be submitted no later than 10-days prior to the event start date. Additional charges for reimbursement due to facility damage, extra cleanup, late departure, etc. will be assessed after the event.
- Reservations may not be permitted, if in the opinion of Intramural-Recreational Sports, granting such a request would cause excessive damage to the facility or field space.
- Sponsoring groups will be held financially responsible for any special cleanup, maintenance, or repairs resulting from the event or activity scheduled on Intramural-Recreational Sports facility or field spaces.
- Intramural-Recreational Sports retains all concession rights including the sale of programs, souvenirs, etc. unless exceptions are pre-approved in writing. Credit card payments, if accepted, must be processed using a PCI compliant system.
- The sponsor of the event may be required to provide proof of general comprehensive Liability Insurance for bodily injury and property damage. Verification of coverage must be provided to the Intramural-Recreational Sports Department through a certificate of insurance. This certificate must name The Commonwealth of Virginia and the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia, its officers, employees and agents as additional insured.
- The event sponsor is responsible for the actions of all participants in the event venue. The event sponsor shall use the facility or field space at the scheduled event time or properly cancel the event by contacting the Intramural-Recreational Sports office. Failure to cancel the event and no shows may result in the loss of future scheduling privileges.
- The University and Intramural-Recreational Sports assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property of the User, its employees, agents, representatives, team members, or invitees. The event sponsor will assume full responsibility and liability for all injury to any and all persons or property in any way connected with the event.
- Only approved activities are permitted in reserved spaces and reserved spaces must be returned to its original condition (store equipment, pick up trash, etc.) at the end of the event reservation. Unauthorized activities or failure to abide to any policies may result in the loss of future reservations and access to Intramural-Recreational Sports facilities.
- User will make no changes or alterations to the premises including erection of signs without the prior written consent of the University. User will permit no liens to accrue against the premises for labor or materials provided to the User, or claimed to have been so provided. User will use the premises in accordance with all applicable ordinances, laws and orders and University rules and regulations, and for the purpose(s) set forth herein, and for no other purpose without the prior written consent of the University. Alcohol, smoking and the illegal use of drugs are not permitted at University recreation sites. It is the responsibility of the User to assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the assigned space(s) and adjacent areas.
- All racquet court reservations (tennis, racquetball and squash) are forfeited 15-minutes after reservation start if student/member has not arrived.
- User agrees to notify the University at least 10-days in advance of any requests to change the date, time or other details of the event in terms of usage to the above named recreation space(s). Any cancellation made less than 10-days prior to the event will incur a charge of 50% of the rental fee. Any cancellation made less than 3-days prior to the event is non-refundable. Changes are subject to approval by the University. A rain call will be made on or before the event start date and the User will be contacted by Department staff.
- To the extent permitted by the laws of the State of Virginia, the University shall be responsible for the acts or omissions of its agents and employees causing harm to persons not a party to this agreement. The User and any Co-Sponsor agrees that they shall be responsible for the acts or omissions of its agents and employees causing injury to persons not a party to this agreement. The User and any Co-Sponsor agrees to indemnify and hold the University harmless from any claims and liability arising from such use. Nothing herein shall be deemed as an express or waiver of the sovereign immunity of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The University shall have the right to immediately terminate any Agreement should the User default in performance of any term or condition hereof. The University may also terminate this agreement without penalty if it should become impractical to perform this agreement due to causes beyond the University’s control including and not limited to storm, fire, flood, earthquake, damage or destruction of facilities, labor disturbances, war, civil commotion, shortage or unavailability of labor or governmental law, ordinance, order or act. In any such event, the User will receive a full refund of their payment.
The University has a great responsibility to its students, faculty and staff when considering the return to full operations. We are ready and eager to provide the UVA community with fitness and recreational opportunities once the University is able to return to comprehensive operations safely and effectively. We are privileged to support this University and we believe in its greater mission. We're all in this together! If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
When we initially open, we will start with the fitness area at the AFC and the pool at NGRC. The hours and experience will be modified to ensure safety for students, members and staff. We will announce opening details as soon as possible.
In the meantime, please try some virtual programs.
Class of 2024! Get oriented to on-Grounds recreation opportunities.