Slaughter Rec Center
Slaughter Recreation Center, located next to first year housing, gives students the chance to enjoy Intramural-Recreation Sports in their own backyard. Slaughter recreation is the home of the Outdoor Adventure program and Climbing Center, and houses a renovated functional fitness room with cardiovascular training equipment, three-courts gymnasium with indoor soccer rink, multi-purpose rooms and racquetball courts. Built in 1979, the Center is named for Edward Ratliff "Butch" Slaughter, Sr.
- Cardiovascular training equipment, free weights and strength training machines
- 3-court gymnasium (basketball, volleyball, badminton, indoor soccer arena)
- 6 handball/racquetball courts
- 2 multipurpose group exercise rooms (martial arts mat, table tennis)
- Day locker
- Semester locker rentals
- Outdoor Adventure Program and Gear Rental
- Climbing Center featuring 2,000 sq of climbing surface
- See the SRC's accessibility features
It is our intention to make as many healthy activities available without compromising the safety of students or staff. The continued success is a shared responsibility among all of us to be informed and work together for the safety of our community.
- Masks are now optional in all IM-Rec rec centers.
- Open rec basketball, family rec hours and the saunas are open again.
- Hand sanitizers and fitness wipes are available throughout the centers to keep self and equipment sanitized.
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
Use the above link to reserve a room or court. Use "Express Scheduling" to quickly reserve a racquetball court.
There are designated parking lots with metered spaces adjacent to Slaughter Recreation Center (Zone 5502).