Memorial Gymnasium was opened in 1924. 2009 marked Memorial Gymnasium's 85th anniversary at the University of Virginia. Established originally as a memorial to the University's World War I casualties, this elegant facility continues to play a vital role in the athletic, recreational, and physical education kinesiology department on Grounds.
- Cardiovascular training equipment, free weights, and strength training machines
- 3-court gymnasium (basketball, volleyball)
- Indoor walking/running track (1/12 mile)
- Multipurpose group exercise room
- Multipurpose indoor soccer arena
- Combative room (heavy bags, speed bag)
- Dry sauna (men’s & women’s)
- Day locker and towel service
- Semester locker rentals
Please read Facility Policies here.
For more information, call the Memorial Gymnasium Equipment Desk at 434-924-6204
Memorial Gymnasium Hours (ending May 13, 2016)
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 AM-12:00 AM|
|Friday||8:00 AM-10:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 PM-10:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 PM-12:00 AM|
|(Weight Room Closed Monday-Friday from 8:00am-11:00am for Academic Classes)|
Family Recreation (Gymnasium & Multipurpose Rooms Only)
|Saturday & Sunday||12:00 PM-9:00 PM|
Schedule Exceptions & Closures - Mark Your Calendars!
|Maintenance & Graduation||May 14-22 All Facilities CLOSED|
|Memorial Day||May 30 All Facilities CLOSED|