In support of the University mission, our primary emphasis is to enrich the total well-being of the University community by offering a wide range of quality programs, services and venues that support all dimensions of wellness (social, physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and occupational) through sport, fitness and recreation.
We hope you'll enjoy these virtual programs.
Group Exercise is back at it with in-person, live virtual and coming soon, on-demand fitness. Group Exercise
We are adding to our on-demand library constantly.
Virtual Personal Training
Our personal trainers are able to continue training you virtually through Zoom or other video platforms.
Training is very affordable and a great way to stay motivated at home. Let our trainers inspire you to reach your fitness goals.
Show your skill and face off with other UVA students in a friendly competition with serious bragging rights at stake.
This fall we are playing Madden 20 & 21, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, FIFA 20 & 21, NBA 2K20 &2K21, NHL 20 & 21 and last but not least Rocket League.
- Cost: FREE
- Eligibility: UVA students and IM-Rec Sports Members
- Games & Registration Deadlines:
- Madden 20/21 - 9/10
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 9/10
- FIFA 20/21 - 10/8
- Rocket League 1v1 - 10/8
- Rocket League 2v2 - 10/8
- Rocket League 3v3 - 10/8
- NHL 20/21 - 10/22
- NBA 2K20/2K21 - 10/22
- Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC
- Prizes: IM Champ Shirt
Score some serious hype this fall by winning the IM-Rec Sports fall Trick-Shot Challenge!
To participate, just post your best trick-shot and tag it up with @uva_recreation #UVATrickShot.
Submissions accepted between October 5 - 23.
IM-Rec Sports Champ Shirt Winners will be announced on Instagram.
Be sure to check before you go, all or part of these may be inaccessible.
- Albemarle County
- Patricia Byrom
- Humphris Park
- Old Mills
- Preddy Creek
- Totier Creek
- Van Clief natural area
- Walnut Creek
- City of Charlottesville
- John Warner Parkway
- Rivanna Trail
- Schnek’s Greenway
- Shenandoah Valley
- George Washington National Forrest
- Waynesboro River Walk
- Virginia State Parks
- Bear Creek Lake
- High Bridge Trail
- Holiday Lake
- James River
- Nelson County
Other Wellness Resources
The More You Know
Some of Our Favorite Healthy Recipes
- Honey Oat Protein Balls
- 3 Cups Quick Oats
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Honey
- (Optional) Mini Chocolate Chips
- (Optional) Chia Seeds
- (Optional) Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Mix ingredience in bowl, refrigerate until firm then roll into balls.
- Refried Beans that are healthier (and cheaper) than canned - Try them with black beans!
- Chickpea & Red Onion Salad - Add some feta and try subbing dill for the parsley.
- Gold Medal Sizzling Fajitas.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Muffins.
- More coming soon.
Try These Fun Ways To Keep The Family Active
- Family Fitness Scavenger Hunt
- Family Fitness Bingo
- To learn how to make an origami boat, please click here
- Try this fun variation of an old classic.
- With a little chalk and space, you can have a ton of fun with your kids. Try including push ups, squats and skips!
- Have some family fun with a fun fitness twist!