Aquatic & Fitness Center
With the opening in 1996 and expansion in 2004, the Aquatic and Fitness Center more than doubled space dedicated to fitness on Grounds. The building includes an Olympic-sized pool with warm water and sauna, state-of-the-art cardiovascular training equipment, three-court gymnasium, indoor walking/jogging track, multi-purpose rooms, along with a café and team store. The Aquatic & Fitness Center is home of the UVA Swimming & Diving teams, who won the NCAA Women’s National Championship in 2021.
- Cardiovascular training equipment, free weights and strength training machines
- 3-court gymnasium
- Indoor walking/running track (1/10 mile)
- 3 multipurpose group exercise rooms
- Cycle room
- 50-meter x 25-yard Olympic-size pool
- Warm-water leisure pool, hot tub and sauna
- Wet classroom for aquatic instruction
- Day locker
- Semester locker rentals
- TJ's Locker retail store (a division of the UVA Bookstore)
- Juice Laundry
- See the AFC's accessibility features
It is our intention to make as many healthy activities available without compromising the safety of students or staff. The continued success is a shared responsibility among all of us to be informed and work together for the safety of our community.
- Masks are now optional in all IM-Rec rec centers.
- Open rec basketball, family rec hours and the saunas are open again.
- Hand sanitizers and fitness wipes are available throughout the centers to keep self and equipment sanitized.
- If you show symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.