Summer Tennis 2015
June 15 - July 24
The Perfect Match - the UVA Summer Tennis Program & YOU!
Children have the opportunity to get involved in a lifetime sport where fun and learning complement each other. Plan now to Play on Grounds!
Enthusiastic instructors will foster a love of the game in your child! Whether you are looking for one week sessions or a full six weeks of classes then the Summer Tennis Program has the right fit for you and your child. Drills and games are used to help all participants develop a strong understanding of the game as well as to improve strokes and strategy. Classes will be held at the Snyder Tennis Center adjacent to Memorial Gymnasium.
- Morning Lessons: Six one-week sessions for ages 4-17 for a total of five 45-minute lessons per session.
- JR Team, JR Team Plus, & High School Tennis: Six-week sessions with competitive play for ages 8-17. Matches will be held on Thursday afternoons for a total of 30 lessons.
- UVA High Performance Academy: Six-week sessions with competitive play for ages 14-18. Matches will be held on Thursday afternoons (additional afternoons/evenings when available) for a total of 30 lessons. Enrollment is limited and requires approval of the tennis coordinator.
- Evening Lessons: Six-week sessions for ages 4-17 that meet once a week for a total of six 45-minute lessons.
- Low student-instructor ratio
- US PTR Certified Head Coach
- Free T-Shirt with registration
Read the Summer Youth Swim & Tennis Brochure for lesson descriptions and schedule information!
What Parents are Saying about Summer Tennis 2014:
"We are very glad to have discovered the program this year. We only wish we had known about the UVA junior tennis team program sooner!"
"My child has enjoyed this program more and more as the years go by!"
"We had a really positive experience with the coaches and felt that they gave my son many good ideas and pointers to work on."
"It was a great experience! We will definitely do it again."
"All the instructors were brilliant. They taught tennis skills in such a fun way. My daughter learned a lot and had fun at the same time. She kept on playing tennis every week."
"Ms. Cotter was great- outstanding tennis player and instructor!"
"Great atmosphere and my son has improved his tennis skills. Thank you to the coaches!"
Youth Recreation Membership
Enjoy priority member registration opportunities and discount pricing. Youth Membership also allows facility access to the youth member during all Family Recreation and Family Swim hours at the Aquatic & Fitness Center and North Grounds Recreation Center pools when accompanied by an adult member, for a full year. For more information about Youth Membership, contact the Business Office at (434) 924-3791.
Join our team of fun, experienced instructors made up of UVA and surrounding college students, University staff and Charlottesville community members. We provide paid inservice training and offer the opportunity to work with children who are excited to learn. Apply online!
University of Virginia, Intramural-Recreational Sports
Aquatic & Fitness Center
450 Whitehead Rd., P.O. Box 400317
Charlottesville, VA 22904
PH: 434-924-3791 • FAX: 434-924-3858 • Email