North Grounds Recreation Center
The North Grounds Recreation Center, located near the University Law and Business Schools, was originally built in 1986 and was renovated in 2006. In 2013-14 we completed the 33,000 square feet expansion/renovation to add the aquatic space, cycle room and additional multipurpose room and squash courts. In March 2015, NGRC received the Silver Certification from LEED in the category of Building Design and Construction - read all about it!
- Cardiovascular training equipment, free weights, and strength training machines
- 2-court gymnasium
- 3 multipurpose group exercise rooms
- Multimedia Cycle room
- 3 handball/racquetball courts
- 2 international singles squash courts
- 25-meter x 25-yard 10-lane pool
- Hot tub and sauna
- Wet classroom for aquatic instruction
- Day locker and towel service
- Semester locker rentals
Please read Facility and Pool Policies here.
For more information, call the North Grounds Welcome Desk at 434-924-7380
North Grounds Recreation Center Summer Hours (May 14 - August 21)
|Monday-Friday||5:30 AM-9:00 PM|
|Saturday-Sunday||9:00 AM-5:00 PM|
Family Recreation (Gymnasium & Multipurpose Rooms Only)
|Same as Facility Hours|
Exceptions & Closures - Mark Your Calendars!
|July 4 (Independence Day)||All Facilities CLOSED|